Chemical peeling is a controlled exfoliation of the surface layers of the skin and is applied by a specialized doctor.
Chemical agents stimulate cells, resulting in skin regeneration and the production of collagen and elastin. It is one of the safest and most popular methods of skin regeneration thanks to its immediate and impressive results. The procedure is suitable for all ages, skin types and phototypes but also for all skin issues.
Chemical peels offer, among other things:
- Skin regeneration
- Reduction of visible wrinkles and discolorations
- Treatment of acne scars
- Balancing sebum secretion
- Skin hydration
- Visible improvement of the appearance of the skin
Chemical peels, depending on the penetration depth of the substance used, are divided into superficial, medium depth and deep.
Mediderma was the first company worldwide to introduce a full line of chemical peels (Glicopeel, Melaspeel) in the medical industry. The effectiveness of Mediderma products and Nanopeel protocols is supported by extensive clinical studies and recognized by leading industry professionals from around the world for more than 30 years.
Some of Mediderma’s best-selling product lines:
- Mandelac: Mandelic acid-based product line. Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), ideal for skins sensitive to other AHA acids, due to its mild nature. It is usually used to treat photoaging, irregular pigmentation, inflammatory acne and to prepare the skin for fractional laser treatments.
- Ferulac: Ferulac peel is based on ferulic acid that is famous for its antioxidant abilities. It protects the skin from the action of free radicals and enhances the action of vitamins C &E. It, also, acts against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays and reduces the damage they cause at the cellular level. Ferulic acid is known, furthermore, for inhibiting the action of tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for the appearance of hyperpigmentations.
- Azelac: Product line based on azelaic acid. It regulations the production of sebum, normalizes the process of keranitoization, is bacteriostatic, inhibits the formation of reactive oxygen species and helps to cope with hyperpigmentation.
- DNA Recovery Peel: DNA Recovery Peel is the first peeling product of nanotechnology that corrects DNA damage. The action of ferulic acid enriched with repairing enzymes DNA, zinc and other amino acids is focused on stabilizing the structure of DNA of the skin. The growth factors in combination with retinol and retinaldehyde accelerate the regeneration of the epidermis and regulate the activity of melanocytes.
- Salipeel: Product line based on salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is known for its keratolytic and anti-inflammatory action, especially in cases of acne, as well as for its antibacterial, anti-aging and photoprotective properties.